Mother’s Day is an important day. It is a day to honour moms and make them really feel essential. If you might be in search of methods to have a good time the day, why not give your mom a break from kitchen duties and take over as an alternative?
If she has a candy tooth, she will certainly love this dessert recipe, courtesy of chef Devashree Muni, the founding father of Cocoa Cellar — a dessert kitchen promoting alcoholic and non-alcoholic treats in Mumbai.
Little Lemon Tarts
Ingredients (makes 24)
– 250 g plain (all-purpose) flour
– 125 g butter, chopped
– 2 teaspoons caster sugar
– 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
– 1 egg yolk
– 160g sweetened condensed milk
– 2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 egg yolks
– 125 g caster sugar
– 125g cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat the oven to average 1800°C. Brush two 12-cup shallow patty (bun) tins with oil. Sift flour and a pinch of salt right into a bowl; rub in butter.
2. Add sugar, rind, egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons iced water; combine with a knife. Gently knead on evenly floured floor till easy. Cover in plastic wrap and permit it to relax for 10 minutes.
3. To make the filling: Using electrical beaters, beat mixed cream cheese, sugar and egg yolks till easy and thickened. Add lemon juice and condensed milk; beat till effectively mixed.
4. Roll out the dough between sheets of baking paper to three mm thickness. Using a 7 cm fluted, spherical cutter, reduce rounds from pastry. Gently press into patty (bun) tins. Lightly prick every spherical 3 instances with a fork, bake for 10 minutes or till simply beginning to flip golden.
5. Remove from the oven and pour filling into every case. Return to the oven for one more 5 minutes or till filling has set. Cool barely earlier than eradicating from tins. Garnish with strips of candied lemon peel, if desired.
Would you wish to attempt?